You may be looking at simply dividing your residential property into two lots or developing a large area of land into multiple lots – either way, you need to ensure that you comply with the relevant legislation and that your interests are protected.
- We can assist you in the preparation of Contracts for Sale of Land for both large and small subdivisions that you are developing;
- We will ensure that your vendor duties of disclosure are complied with;
- We will draft special conditions for the Contract/s specific to your matter.
If you are purchasing vacant land in a new subdivision or a property off the plan you need to ensure the Contract is reviewed by one of our Solicitors.
- If you are purchasing a lot in a subdivision you need to be sure you understand the Contract fully so there are no “surprises” when it comes to time frames for registration of the subdivision, your ability to build on the lot and the easements and restrictions that may apply to the lot.
- Similarly, off the plan purchases can be fraught with difficulties including extensions of time, changes by the vendor to the area and finishes of the property and continuing finance approval for an extended period of time. It is essential that we review the Contract before you commit to buying in these circumstances.
- We will advise you when stamp duty is payable on your purchase and we will also attend to lodgement of any applications for exemptions or concessions on stamp duty that may be available to you with the Office of State Revenue.